This exercise helps participants get physical through music evolving movements. Moving to music can enhance body awareness and is a great way to reminisce by listening to familiar music. Listen to your body and do not do any movements that cause discomfort.
Ideal Group Size: 1:1 or small group
- CD/Music Player
- Pre-planned music play list so that movements can correspond to music
- Chalk board or white board, with chalk or markers
- Use chalk board to display written movements that will be carried out during the song to assist participants in active engagement.
- Warm up.
- Explain to participants that the movements can be carried out in multiple ways. Encourage them to choose a way that allows them to achieve success.
- One to three movements may be carried out during a song, depending on ability.
- Cool down at the end.