This activity provides faith-based fellowship for individuals who are unable to attend community worship on a regular basis. It also provides socialization and emotional and spiritual stimulation. A familiarity with aspects of spirituality, spiritual health and religion, as well as knowledge of hymns and prayers, is helpful to facilitate this program.
Ideal Group Size: 1:1 or small group
- CD/Music Player
- Computer or tablet (optional)
- CDs or digital versions of hymns
- Hymn books or printable copies/tablet
- The facilitator prepares a “topic of the day” and hymn books or online resources.
- Set up chairs in a circle in a quiet space and invite participants to join.
- Start with an opening prayer and two scripture readings which introduce a topic. Participants can be encouraged to reflect on how this topic manifests in their own life and experiences. Sing hymns in-between the reflection.
- Lead a closing prayer and blessing for all participants.
- Clean up the area to its formal setting.